freetds - Re: [freetds] freebcp failing to continue loading records afterduplica te encountere d

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "dnoble71 AT juno.com" <dnoble71 AT juno.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Cc: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freebcp failing to continue loading records afterduplica te encountere d
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 00:35:20 GMT

Bill and Roger:

Thanks for your responses:

Bill, the version of freebcp (freetds) does not support the following

Compile-time settings (established with the "configure" script):

Version: freetds v0.64
MS db-lib source compatibility: no
Sybase binary compatibility: unknown
Thread safety: yes
iconv library: yes
TDS version: 5.0
iODBC: no
unixodbc: no

The following parameters are accepted but unimplemented

[-e errfile]
[-I interfaces_file]
[-m maxerrors]

Roger:

The table has unique key, and we do not want duplicates, but the
behavior we seek is similar to the Sybase's bcp when a batch size of 1
(-b1) is used and the bcp program encounters a duplicate key in the
input file (ie the key has already been loaded into the table) we would
like freebcp to report the dupilcate key and continue loading records
with the next row in the input file.

I am getting the lastest stable version of freetds and will install
that (not the bleeding edge version) to see if the installation we
currently have is out of date.

thanks for your help and input.
I will let you folks know how things work out.

Doug

Click here for free information on nursing jobs, up to $150/hour
http://track.juno.com/s/lc?u=http://tagline.untd.us/fc/Ioyw6iifeTlypn0aKADo9oBxQCuLEALRK5guYI1bJoNytvyD27ikid/