freetds - [freetds] Support for MS SQL NVARCHAR columns

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Tomasz Lukaszewicz" <tl AT rdprojekt.pl>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Support for MS SQL NVARCHAR columns
  • Date: Wed, 6 Jun 2007 14:03:17 +0200

Hi,

I'm using the most recent freetds version (0.64) to access MS SQL Server
2005. Client character set is defined as utf-8 in freetds.conf.

I have a table TAB with a column COL defined as NVARCHAR(200). When running
prepared statements like "insert into TAB (COL) values (?)", the library
seems to interpret the field COL as VARCHAR (instead of NVARCHAR), and tries
to convert query parameters from utf8 to CP1250. Therefore it fails if any of
the arguments are from outside the CP1250 character set (so it works for most
European characters, but not for Chinese). Do you have any ideas how to fix
it?

Tom

  • [freetds] Support for MS SQL NVARCHAR columns, Tomasz Lukaszewicz, 06/06/2007