freetds - [freetds] ANSI settings and stored procedures

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sherrill, Justin" <jsherrill AT currentcomm.net>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] ANSI settings and stored procedures
  • Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 09:51:23 -0400

I've been trying to insert to a table on a SQL Server 2000 system that
would kick off a stored procedure; I've been getting back an error each
time I try:

> Msg 7405, Level 16, State 1
> Server 'CCDEVSQL01', Procedure 'proc_insert_update_meter_signa', Line
59
> Heterogeneous queries require the ANSI_NULLS and ANSI_WARNINGS
options to be
> set for the connection. This ensures consistent query semantics.
Enable these options > and then reissue your query.
> bsqldb: Msg 20018, Level 5
> General SQL Server error: Check messages from the SQL Server.

Doing some searching, it appears to be a settings issue from recent
versions of FreeTDS:

http://www.arcknowledge.com/gmane.comp.db.tds.freetds/2004-09/msg00037.h
tml

So I tried manually adjusting:

# tsql -S blahblahblah...
locale is "en_US.UTF-8"
locale charset is "UTF-8"
1> use engineering;
2> go
1> set ansi_nulls on
2> go
1> set ansi_warnings on
2> go
1> INSERT INTO ne_import_log (type, created_by) VALUES (3, 'test')
2> go
Msg 7312, Level 0, State 1, Server CCDEVSQL01, Line 56
[OLE/DB provider returned message: New transaction cannot enlist in the
specified transaction coordinator. ]
Msg 7300, Level 0, State 1, Server CCDEVSQL01, Line 56
OLE DB error trace [OLE/DB Provider 'SQLOLEDB'
ITransactionJoin::JoinTransaction returned 0x8004d00a].
Msg 7391, Level 16, State 1, Server CCDEVSQL01, Line 56
The operation could not be performed because the OLE DB provider
'SQLOLEDB' was unable to begin a distributed transaction.

I can rebuild FreeTDS using the changes described in the mail linked
above, but I'm not sure if that's the root of the problem. Is there an
obvious/already known solution to these errors that I just haven't
turned up in searches yet?

-----------------------------
Justin C. Sherrill - CURRENT Communications
220 Kenneth Drive
Rochester, New York 14623
P: 585.486.0549 F: 585.486.0030

***CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE***
The information in this email may be confidential and/or privileged. This
email is intended to be reviewed by only the individual or organization named
above. If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized representative
of the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review,
dissemination or copying of this email and its attachments, if any, or the
information contained herein is prohibited. If you have received this email
in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and delete
this message from your system.