freetds - Re: [freetds] Wildcard selection leads to data mangling

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Sherrill, Justin" <jsherrill AT currentcomm.net>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Wildcard selection leads to data mangling
  • Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2007 08:30:07 -0400

I'll see data missing from a given cell and replaced with data from
other cells. For instance, a cell (tuple?) that is supposed to contain
a serial number that is a 16-char mix of letters and numbers will
instead contain the last 3 characters of a later datetime field and the
MAC address in the next cell over.

300013544623AD32 -> 7AM00:07:42:00:CD:3A

I've now noticed that sometimes I just don't seem to be able to retrieve
data:

# echo 'select count(*) from table1' | /usr/bin/bsqldb -q -S sqldb -U
username -P password -D mydb
24983

# echo 'select * from table1' | /usr/bin/bsqldb -q -S sqldb -U username
-P password -D mydb
*** glibc detected *** double free or corruption (out): 0x091aae68 ***
Aborted

I haven't been able to find exactly what conditions cause this, yet.

Justin C. Sherrill - CURRENT Communications
220 Kenneth Drive
Rochester, New York 14623
P: 585.486.0549 F: 585.486.0030