freetds - Re: [freetds] Uninstallation of freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Uninstallation of freetds
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2007 19:16:52 -0500

Manish Kumar wrote:
> I am using Zope 2.7 version on Solaris box. I want to connect MSSQL with
> my Zope. If any one has idea about this then please share me the steps
> and required products (Free).

I don't know anything about Zope really, but as for connecting to a
Microsoft SQL Server from Solaris, FreeTDS is the only free software game
in town.

>From your original report, it sounded like you installed Zope followed by
FreeTDS. Perhaps if you install FreeTDS again, and make sure it works,
and then re-install Zope, you'll be on your way.

Anyway, these two packages are independent. I don't see how anything
FreeTDS installs could upset another package. It would have to use
libraries by the same name. That's not impossible, but seems unlikely.

HTH.