freetds - [freetds] perl and utf8_2 test

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] perl and utf8_2 test
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jan 2007 15:49:35 +0100

I'm still updating my test system but is pretty finished.
>From http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/ there are some oddities:
- some leaks and errors (due to the update, I'll remove them)
- odbc putdata (due to a daemon started ni the middle of test)
- utf8_2 test failing
- DBD::ODBC failed, still to analize

utf8_2 problem is caused from a string error changed from

WARNING! Some character(s) could not be converted into client's
character set.

Buffer overflow converting characters from client into server's
character set.

well... they seem very differents but IMO previous version was the
correct one.
>From code

/* invalid multibyte input sequence encountered */
if (io == to_client) {
if (irreversible == (size_t) - 1) {
tdserror(tds->tds_ctx, tds, TDSEICONV2BIG, 0);
} else {

I think that an invalid sequence is not a "buffer overflow".
I noted also that severity changed from 16 to 4 for conversions
problems.