freetds - Re: [freetds] Issue with return status from stored procedure with awarning message.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Reid, Roger L." <roger.reid AT dpw.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Issue with return status from stored procedure with awarning message.
  • Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 10:02:44 -0500

I do a lot more db-lib than ct-lib, but isn't it up to the error handler
in your app to ignore that severity/error combo and pass control back to
the
point immediately after the error was generated?

app calls sp
sp generates error
control goes to apps error handler
error handler says
for that error/severity
return 0
control passes back to next line of your sp

Or have I done my usual complete misunderstanding of your question and
issue?

roger reid (not a freetds guru, just a long time user)