freetds - [freetds] Time out issue

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Benheng Xu" <bxu AT a10networks.com.cn>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Time out issue
  • Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:39:02 +0800

Hi, all

When I use the FreeTDS with unixODBC, I have a timeout problem, I'm not sure
whether this is a bug.

The issue is in the "tds_goodread" function(src/tds/net.c), when the "select"
function returns because of timeout, the "len" variable will be set to 0, and
it will go into the "if" section, in that, a query timeout function will be
called, without dblib, this function will always be "query_timeout_cancel"
function(src/odbc/odbc.c), and it set the timeout of the tds socket to 0 and
returns "TDS_INT_CANCEL", so that in the former "if" section, a cancel packet
is sent, but it still in the loop and call select again, but at this time,
the timeout value is 0 and select will wait forever.

I think after called the "tds_send_cancel" call, it should return immediately.

Thanks,
Benheng Xu