freetds - Re: [freetds] Specifying a 0 for the "StrLen_or_IndPtr

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "shiv kumar" <shivblore2000 AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Specifying a 0 for the "StrLen_or_IndPtr
  • Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 11:07:24 +0530

Thanks freddy,
This error is happening only with the AIX Version 4.3 and this code is
working in fine Solaris/ other UNIX flavors.
In fact I have resolved this error by adding the below fix to
src/tds/convert.c
static TDS_INT
tds_convert_binary(int srctype, const TDS_UCHAR * src, TDS_INT srclen,
int desttype, CONV_RESULT * cr)
{
case CASE_ALL_BINARY:
return binary_to_result(src, srclen, cr);//removed this statement
s = binary_to_result(src, srclen, cr);//Added this statement
return srclen;//Added this statement.
break;
}

Since I don't want to make the mail big, I am not given what the error
is. Please find it in yesterday's freeTDS digest ( Vol 42, Issue 22)

Shiva