freetds - [freetds] opt_flags in tsql.c

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Elias Probst <elias.probst AT bechtle.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] opt_flags in tsql.c
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2006 14:40:34 +0100

Hi,

I'd like to be able to work with tsql in a more quiet mode. All I want to see
is the output returned by the SQL server when passing a sql-file to it.
e.g: tsql -S myserver -U foo -P bar < maxsize.sql
instead of:

-----
locale is "C"
locale charset is "ANSI_X3.4-1968"
1> use master
2> go
1> select name, maxsize from sysfiles
2> go
name maxsize
master 12800
mastlog -1
1> quit
-----

I just want to see an output like this:

-----
name maxsize
master 12800
mastlog -1
-----

so a searched a bit around in tsql.c and found some things (QUIET in
opt_flags) that seemed to do things like that, but I couldn't find a way
using this opt flags.
Also they only seem to hide the locale information, but not the input that's
made to the SQL shell.
Does anybody know how to do this?

Regards,
--
Elias Probst, Bechtle GmbH & Co KG, IT-Systemhaus Rottenburg,
Tel:(+49) 7457/9387-26