freetds - Re: [freetds] [SPAM] - Re: OpenSSL, Sql Server 2000 - Email found in subject

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Kurt Sheffer" <ksheffer AT chicagodatasolutions.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] [SPAM] - Re: OpenSSL, Sql Server 2000 - Email found in subject
  • Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2006 14:10:59 -0500

> strange.
>
> Could you try to change src/tds/login.c changing number below
>
> /* encryption, normal */
>
> comment from 0 to 1 ?
> It just tell to use high encryption, perhaps from SP4 is a
requirement.
> Could you also post a dump (for instance using ethereal or other tool)
> using .NET clients?
>
> freddy77

Yes! Setting the client encryption flag fixed it. This actually seems to
be similar to the fix implemented by Jon Poland; I must have gotten the
conf file wrong when I tried his patch before. It would be useful to
have the option for the client to force encryption, even if SP4 hadn't
broken this.

I will still follow up with some captured packets if they would be
useful to help understand why SP4 with a certificate won't accept our
unencrypted connection.

Thanks for your help.

-Kurt