freetds - [freetds] Implementing SQLDescribeParam, SQLParamData

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Wez Furlong <wez AT omniti.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Implementing SQLDescribeParam, SQLParamData
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 16:19:59 -0400

Hey folks,

We're porting some code from windows to run against unixODBC and FreeTDS and we need to use the following functions that are currently marked as stubs in http://freetds.org/api_status.txt:

SQLDescribeParam
SQLDisconnect
SQLPutData
SQLSetEnvAttr
SQLCancel
SQLParamData

I'm wondering if someone could fill in the details on why they are currently stubs and on what needs to be done to get them to "OK" status, or alternatively, if there is a suggested workaround we can use.

If it's not something that requires uber-deep understanding of TDS, OmniTI are prepared to do the work to implement those functions and contribute the result back to the community. If it proves to be "too hard" for us to implement, we'll consider compensating someone from the FreeTDS development team to get it done--we see value in making FreeTDS better and would rather spend money on that than on a closed commercial solution.

Many thanks in advance for your attention,

--Wez.

--
Wez Furlong
Lead Architect