freetds - Re: [freetds] FIRE_TRIGGERS hint

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Constantin Vasilyev <vasilyev AT ncbi.nlm.nih.gov>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FIRE_TRIGGERS hint
  • Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 19:03:32 -0400 (EDT)

Could it be added, then. I'm not sure if this worth submitting the patch.

And another idea. Sometime (like in case of pulling data out of indexed
views) database connection which freebcp opens requires some options (like
ANSI_NULLS) to be set before fetching the data. Some of those options work
if submitted within the same batch with SELECT statement, so queryout mode
may be used for them, but some work only if placed in separate batch.
For such cases it might be useful to add an option to which allows to run
some commands on the server (or simply set particular options for the
connection) before pumping the data.

Thanks for considering that,

Constantin Vasilyev
NCBI Contractor, DBA