freetds - [freetds] Bug in ct_describe

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Norbert Sendetzky <norbert AT linuxnetworks.de>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Bug in ct_describe
  • Date: Thu, 7 Sep 2006 23:42:21 +0200

Hi all

I had some headache with ct_fetch, returning CS_ROW_FAIL in a more or less
random manner. My investigation had shown that ct_describe doesn't set
the "format" member of the CS_DATAFMT struct. Therefore cs_convert returns
CS_FAIL if it hits a column of a type which can be modified by a CS_FMT_*
parameter and the value of "format" is no a valid CS_FMT_*.

Setting it to CS_FMT_UNUSED in my code all the time fixed the problem and
Sybase' ctlib seem to do the same.

Regards,

Norbert
--
OpenPGP public key
http://www.linuxnetworks.de/norbert.pubkey.asc

  • [freetds] Bug in ct_describe, Norbert Sendetzky, 09/07/2006