freetds - Re: [freetds] Setting for returned column size in FreeTDS?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Setting for returned column size in FreeTDS?
  • Date: Tue, 15 Aug 2006 00:25:31 -0400

Ken Tozier wrote:
> I'm from the future you see : )

Perhaps, grasshopper. Those who know me say I am from the past.

> I think I compiled it with either 7.0 or 8.0 I don't remember now. Is
> there a way to find out which protocol version it's using?

"tsql -C" tells you the compiled-in default. Usually that's overridden by
something in freetds.conf. The TDSVER environment variable overrides
those. You can check with the TDSDUMP variable; the top of the log shows
the protocol version.

HTH.