freetds - Re: [freetds] go on with problem compiling freetds-0.64

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: giorgia spinola <gispi2003 AT yahoo.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] go on with problem compiling freetds-0.64
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 16:35:19 +0200 (CEST)

I set the environment variable LDFLAGS as you told me but when the ./config
command start (with no options) i got the following error:

checking for gcc... gcc
checking for C compiler default output file name... configure: error: C
compiler
cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details.

I think it's because i don't have the dynamic-gcc-4.0.0 library, is it
possible? And the question is: where i can find it?

Thanks

Usually you can use configure script with a command like

LDFLAGS="-bdynamic" ./configure

I don't know however if this works with AIX shell...

If this doesn't work as expected try

setenv LDFLAGS -bdynamic
./configure

bye