freetds - Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.64RC2 src/odbc/unittests/raiserror failure with unixODBC 2.2.11

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] FreeTDS 0.64RC2 src/odbc/unittests/raiserror failure with unixODBC 2.2.11
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2006 09:14:29 +0200

> > I use this line to configure my tests
> >
> > LDFLAGS='-lgcov' CFLAGS='-O0 -pipe -g -fprofile-arcs
> -ftest-coverage' sh autogen.sh --enable-extra-checks
> --prefix=$HOME/install --with-odbc-nodm=/usr --with-gnutls
> >
> > in other words... no DM at all... if you think is stupid to always
> > suggest DM and do not use it I have to say that is a
> nightmare to make
> > all DMs happy so many time ago I decided to get rid of all these
> > problems and do not use for tests...
>
> Thanks, the test succeeds after I rebuilt with no DM.
>
> Now that I know how to make the unit test pass, I also need
> messages/errors handled properly in my production environment. I'm
> running with FreeTDS 0.64RC2 and unixODBC 2.2.11 right now, and there
> are some message/error oddities I've had to work around.

Which oddities??

> Should I try a different DM or a different version of unixODBC, which
> works better with FreeTDS? If so, which one?

I use unixODBC but mainly cause is the default on my distro (Fedora).
unixODBC 2.2.11 should work.

> Alternatively, how can I configure DBD::ODBC to link directly to
> FreeTDS's ODBC module, if that's possible? I don't really
> need a DM in
> this environment since I'm not using any other ODBC drivers besides
> FreeTDS right now.

Yes, you can use FreeTDS ODBC directly, currently is quite complete and
support ODBC 2 and 3 (ODBC 3 driver are not require to support ODBC 2
cause DM should provide some replacements instead) and also compiled
with no DM option add some safe tests. I don't know however how to
compile DBD::ODBC to direct link libtdsodbc... perhaps you will have to
change Makefile.PL and/or Makefile