freetds - [freetds] More tsql options

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <Chris.Fernandes AT barclayscapital.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] More tsql options
  • Date: Mon, 19 Jun 2006 10:54:10 -0400

Hi folks

Thank you for your lovely freetds program!

Not finding recent DBD:MSSQL to use from Linux, and since tsql worked, I
figured I would just parse tsql output using perl. To simplify that
parsing I added some options to tsql - and wanted to offer them back if
there was any interest.

The options allow to
-specify column separator char (or string)
-specify column value quoting char (or string)
-specify another string if you dont like NULL
-specify if dont want to quote NULL (while quoting others)
-specify if dont want to quote column headers
-and for simplifying commandline use
- specify a database name on commandline
- specify query on commandline
- specify query separator if commandline query is actually
multi-query
- specify resultset separator if have multi-query commondline

If there is any interest - I am not in a position to do any CVS-ing, but
could email the changed tsql.c file or the diffs. The changes are
backward compatible, so if you don't use them you get previous behaviour
(including that trailing TAB on each output line)

Thanks
Chris

For more information about Barclays Capital, please visit our web site at
http://www.barcap.com.

Internet communications are not secure and therefore the Barclays Group does
not accept legal responsibility for the contents of this message. Although
the Barclays Group operates anti-virus programmes, it does not accept
responsibility for any damage whatsoever that is caused by viruses being
passed. Any views or opinions presented are solely those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of the Barclays Group. Replies to this
email may be monitored by the Barclays Group for operational or business
reasons.