freetds - Re: [freetds] ODBC date format?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] ODBC date format?
  • Date: Fri, 9 Jun 2006 08:44:32 +0200

> Revision 1.316 of src/odbc/odbc.c added milliseconds to the ODBC date
> format. This broke things for my users after an upgrade from
> 0.64RC2.
>
> I have reverted this change locally, and I think it should be
> reverted
> in the master copy as well.
>
> Freddy, this change was yours. Do you remember the
> rationale? Do you
> agree that it should be reset back to the standard date format?

Well... I don't even rememeber what I ate yesterday :)
The change is
http://freetds.cvs.sourceforge.net/freetds/freetds/src/odbc/odbc.c?r1=1.
315&r2=1.316&sortby=date that is on ChangeLog

Thu Apr 15 21:25:15 CET 2004 Frediano Ziglio <freddy77 AT angelfire.com>
* src/odbc/odbc.c: fix date format
* src/tds/convert.c: fix date approximation

perhaps is related to DBD::ODBD fixes (seeing near changes)?? I don't
know... there must be a reason but I don't really remember. I think is
better to find your problem and try to fix it. Which is the correct
bahavior?? Using ODBC 3 you can set precision that for date is the
number of digits, this is not yet implemented. Which is the default? I
think the date format is used only converting date to char that is
binding date to a char and doing a simple select that return date... Am
I wrong?