freetds - [freetds] Install Connect Help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Craig Ghareeb" <GhareebC AT grps.k12.mi.us>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Install Connect Help
  • Date: Thu, 08 Jun 2006 00:20:02 -0400

Hi all,

I've installed FreeTDS successfully on rh9 via source, and
configuration and connection worked great. Now I'm trying to install on
FC4 from source in order to connect to the same SQL server, and although
the install goes okay, I'm unable to connect. The FC4 machine is
running mysql, as well - rh9 is not.

On the FC4 box, I can tsql the SQL server (Wallace) with:
tsql -H Wallace -p 1433 -U username -p password

But isql fails:
isql -v WallaceCDR username password
[S1000][unixODBC][FreeTDS][SQL Server]Unable to connect to data source
[ISQL]ERROR: Could not SQLConnect

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Here's the odbc.ini:

[ODBC Data Sources]
myodbc = MyODBC 2.50 Driver DSN
myodbc3 = MyODBC 3.51 Driver DSN

[MYSQLup]
Driver = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
Description = MyODBC 3.51 Driver DSN
SERVER = Tinker
PORT = 3306
USER = username
Password = password
Database = DBMAIN
OPTION = 3
SOCKET =

[WallaceCDR]
Driver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Server = Wallace
Database = CDR
Port = 1433

...and the odbcinst.ini:

[MySQL]
Description = ODBC for MySQL
Driver = /usr/lib/libmyodbc.so
Setup = /usr/lib/libodbcmyS.so
FileUsage = 1

[MySQL ODBC 3.51 Driver]
DRIVER = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3.so
SETUP = /usr/lib/libmyodbc3S.so
UsageCount = 1

[TDS]
Description = ODBC for TDS
Diver = /usr/local/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Setup = /usr/lib/libtdsS.so
FileUsage = 1

  • [freetds] Install Connect Help, Craig Ghareeb, 06/08/2006