freetds - [freetds] freetds reliability in a production environment?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: mike <lists01 AT dds.uconn.edu>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] freetds reliability in a production environment?
  • Date: Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:03:07 -0400

hello -

what is the common wisdom on freetds's reliability in a production environment?

my team wants to write our new web applications in python on a debian-stable box, using the pymssql module, which uses freetds. our ms sql servers experience moderate loads most of the time, but we have periods of peak load that are mission-critical for us.

are there any test results available?

are there any test suites available that we can run on our own servers that will stress-test freetds (ideally from a python front-end)?

thanks, and thank you to the developers for freetds.