freetds - Re: [freetds] freebcp -h TABLOCK syntax

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Konrad J Hambrick <konrad AT jax01.payplus.com>
  • To: konrad AT jax01.payplus.com
  • Cc: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] freebcp -h TABLOCK syntax
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 07:31:51 -0400

Oops ...

Wrong message for the TABLOCK hint.

I have tried several hints ;-)

This was the message:

Msg 20076, Level 7
bcp_init must be called before any other bcp routines
db-lib: Unable to set hint "TABLOCK"
bcp reports error 1

Same idea ...

Thanks again

-- kjh (sorry about replying to my own post)

Konrad J Hambrick wrote:
All --

I am having trouble invoking freebcp with
the -h TABLOCK hint.

Syntax I tried:

freebcp MyDBName.DBO.MyTableName \
in "/tmp/mytablename.txt" \
-f "/tmp/mytablename.fmt" \
-h "TABLOCK" \
-m 1 \
-t "|" \
-S "$TarHost" \
-U "$TarUser" \
-P "$TarPass" \
-e "/tmp/bcp-load.err"

Message returned:

Msg 20076, Level 7
bcp_init must be called before any other bcp routines
db-lib: Unable to set hint "order(EmployeeID,EmployeeEarnID,EmployeeEarnSeqNum)"
bcp reports error 1

Am I doing something obviuosly incorrect ?

Thanks !

-- kjh