freetds - [freetds] DBD::Sybase no /usr/local/freetds

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: 20050303 <20050303 AT krets.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] DBD::Sybase no /usr/local/freetds
  • Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 15:26:27 -0800

I have been bashing my head into this problem for a while. It seems all the
info I find is telling me to point the env $SYBASE to /usr/local/freetds.
I've installed freetds version 0.63 from an rpm and it installed some
libraries into /usr/lib and a conf into /etc . When I cpan> install
DBD::Sybase it errors out:
Please set SYBASE in CONFIG, or set the $SYBASE environment variable

if export SYBASE=/usr it still errors, but in a different way:
Can't find the Client Library include files under /usr

I have even done a find looking for tds and it only showed me the
/etc/freetds.conf and /usr/lib/libtds.so and the
/usr/local/share/doc/freetds-0.63/

Any help would be appreciated
-j