freetds - Re: [freetds] logging public functions

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] logging public functions
  • Date: Tue, 21 Mar 2006 15:43:26 +0100

> ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT wrote:
> > > I saw changes in CVS about logging and checks. I think that
> > > now there is
> > > too much tests... It seems that bcp fails (t0016 and
> t0017 tests), see
> > > http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/. Also I think that money
> > > functions has a dbproc parameter only to be able to
> handle errors so
> > > dbproc can be NULL.
> > >

> > I found the problem
> >
> > diff -u -1 -0 -r1.144 bcp.c
> > --- src/dblib/bcp.c 20 Mar 2006 14:01:54 -0000 1.144
> > +++ src/dblib/bcp.c 20 Mar 2006 14:28:11 -0000
>
> I found your updates when I tried to commit mine. :-)

No reason to wait, it was clearly a bug :)

A new problem raised too in rpc code (still unfixed). See dblib/rpc test
error at http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/
(http://freetds.sourceforge.net/out/test/vgtest65.html)

> Nice work! You really combed through the code to find all
> the redundant
> checks and incorrect return codes.

tnx

> The next time a PHPer gets an error back from db-lib, he
> should know why!
> That would be a step forward.

Now the question is: does php report our error? I hope so.

Currently I'm mainly working on tests. Now DBD::ODBC works flawlessly
with some tests skipped but I hope to get rid of a failing test for next
version. I started coding the longstanding cursors under ODBC so
"Multiple concurrent statements" will work! I'm also working to make
tests works using SF compile farm. I'm quite ready but I would need a
help with perl... the problem is that I program in perl like in C...
could you check misc/online.pl file? Mainly it parse a long make; make
check output (./misc/test-auto.sh --online) trying to split output file
and make the same output you can find at
http://freetds.sourceforge.net/.