freetds - [freetds] php freetds version command

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ChaosMedia > WebDev" <webdev AT chaosmedia.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] php freetds version command
  • Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 22:29:22 +0100

Hi,

i'd like to know if there's an undocumented php mssql (or other) function to print the current freetds version running for that php install..

I'm using linux debian and in order to stick to debian packages i'm installing php4-sybase which installs libct1 aka freetds 0.61..
I can install freetds 0.63 from source but i have no idea if it is actually used by that php4 module..

So far my somehow limited tests with a mssql2k running on win2k3 are successfull, i had a few problems with charset at first but specifying the client charset inside freetds.conf solved the problem and get all my French chars correctly now..

Finally when i first installed freetds 0.63 from the source i noticed the "interfaces" config file wasn't copied to the config directory so i was wondering if that file was removed in latest freetds versions..

thx,

webdev