freetds - [freetds] make errors for freetds-0.63 on solaris10

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Die Eisdrache <die.eisdrache AT gmail.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] make errors for freetds-0.63 on solaris10
  • Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 09:30:50 -0500

Although I have been using UNIX machines for quite some time I am still
somewhat of a novice when it comes to installing new packages and what not.
I am even less experienced with FreeTDS.

To set the scene I am trying to use PHP to access a remote MS SQL Server
2000 machine simply to query the database and post the results to a web
site. To the best of my knowledge in order to do this I must install
FreeTDS.

I have been having numerous problems getting FreeTDS to install, but thanks
to this mailing list I have made it pretty far. However, I am finally at my
wits end. I am encountering numerous make errors and I have no clue how to
troubleshoot them.

The latest "make check" produced a pretty long output, so here is a
condensed version. If you need more posted let me know.

#make check
Making check in include
Making check in src
Making check in replacements
Making check in tds
Making check in unittests
make t0001 t0002 t0003 t0004 t0005 t0006 t0007 t0008 dynamic1 convert
dataread utf8_1 utf8_2
libtool: link: cannot find the library `../libtds.la'
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `t0001'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/freetds-0.63/src/tds/unittests
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check-am'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/freetds-0.63/src/tds/unittests
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
set fnord $MAKEFLAGS; amf=$2; \
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check-recursive'
Current working directory /usr/local/src/freetds-0.63/src
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
set fnord $MAKEFLAGS; amf=$2; \
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `check-recursive'

FreeTDS - freetds-0.63
OS - Solaris 10 SPARC
make - GNU Make 3.80

Any help is greatly appreciated!

  • [freetds] make errors for freetds-0.63 on solaris10, Die Eisdrache, 02/15/2006