freetds - [freetds] RES: RES: [SPAM] Re: Sample code[Scanned]

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jose Geraldo de Oliveira <j.g.oliveira AT csu.com.br>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] RES: RES: [SPAM] Re: Sample code[Scanned]
  • Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2006 11:04:38 -0300

Hi

In fact, i suggested a pure java application accessing SQL thru a MS JDBC
driver (or even a jtds driver) and Oracle thru Oracle JDBC driver but the
developper team don´t have java skill to do the job as quikly as our client
demands.

The option using C and Pro*C appears more quick to write only because the
programmers skill and the use of freetds to support SQL connections are
considered here more stable than MS JDBC driver.

I´m from the support team. This option ussing a SP with java accessing SQL
we didn´t thought but i don´t know if we have time to chenge the idea of the
project...

Our version is
MS SQL Server 2000 running on Windows 2000 machine
Oracle 8.1.7 (8i) running on RedHat Linux enterprise v2.1
Pro*C v10.2 and Freetds 0.62.1, running on a RedHat enterprise v3.0

We need to put a middle machine because Pro*c v10.2 isn´t certificate to
RHES v2.1

Thankx