freetds - Re: [freetds] How can I connect to MS SQL Server without store us er &password in php file?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Brian Morton <bmorton AT secureworks.com>
  • To: 'FreeTDS Development Group' <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] How can I connect to MS SQL Server without store us er &password in php file?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 10:10:06 -0500

you concerned that someone will access the source of your script and view
the login information? If so, the proper way to go about this is to find
why you are concerned about that (escalation of privs through another
script?) and close that vulnerability. There is no reason to have an
irrational fear of someone getting your credentials hardcoded in a script.
It's just like any other password file. Another idea is to store the
credentials in a separate password file outside of the webroot, and have php
read the file for the information.