freetds - [freetds] How can I connect to MS SQL Server without store user & password in php file?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: <mario.freire AT caixa.gov.br>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] How can I connect to MS SQL Server without store user & password in php file?
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 09:40:37 -0200

Thank you, James K. Lowden!
Now I've got more questions:
1) What is "a/k/a trusted connection"?
2) So I only need to use the form DOMAIN\username and then the password will
be sent encrypted? It is not necessary to do any other configuration or call
a special function? Which encrypt protocol will be used?
3) Send an encrypted password through the network solves part of the problem.
But the password will still be stored in the php file, which is considered
insecure... Can I inform the user name and password in a file more protected,
not acessible by the browser?
Thank you!
Mario Freire.
mario.freire at caixa.gov.br