freetds - Re: [freetds] db-lib dbtextsize implementation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Hans Kramer <Hans.Kramer AT xs4all.nl>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] db-lib dbtextsize implementation
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 00:17:08 +0100

Hi Bill, James

Of course, before diving in writing dbtextsize(), I should have looked
whether I get dbwritetext() working under FreeTDS with my code.
I have to connect to a Sybase 12.5.3 database; have to read/write text
columns; got to run on an AMD linux box :-)

I reduced the code to the following, which works with the sybase db-lib:
main()
{
LOGINREC *login;
DBPROCESS *dbproc;

static BYTE data[512] = "Hello FreeTDS";

if (dbinit() == FAIL)
exit(-1);

login = dblogin();
DBSETLUSER(login, "user");
DBSETLPWD(login, "password");
dbproc = dbopen(login, "CANCUN");

dbcmd(dbproc, "use FIDIA_Y2_95_02");
dbsqlexec(dbproc);
dbresults(dbproc);

dbcmd(dbproc, "select * from text_test where id = 1");
dbsqlexec(dbproc);
dbresults(dbproc);
dbnextrow(dbproc);

if (dbwritetext(dbproc, "text_test.data", dbtxptr(dbproc, 2),
DBTXPLEN,
dbtxtimestamp(dbproc, 1), TRUE, (DBINT) strlen((char
*) data), data) == FAIL)
puts("boing");

dbexit();
}

Do I miss something here????
I figured that tds_process_simple_query() in dbwritetext() returned
FAIL, but further I haven't been able to dig.

Hans.