freetds - Re: [freetds] SQL error during odbc_connect in PHP using FreeTDS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "stanislav puffler" <stanislav.puffler AT eficia.cz>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SQL error during odbc_connect in PHP using FreeTDS
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 15:32:38 +0100

Finally, have time to explore FreeTDS again. Have tryied as you said TDSDUMP,
but it doesn´t work for me. There is no log.txt anyway.
But I have turned on dumping in freetds_mssql.conf and have lot of things
there - should I send it as an attachment or paste to an email, may be there
are some passwords ... so I don´t want to show it to anyone - you know.

Standa

Well, setting TDSDUMP environment should enable debug dumping of FreeTDS in a
specified file. I suggested stdout as a special name that should output dump
on standard output (usually the console you lanched your program, in this
case PHP). For a short period this feature was a bit broken and setting
TDSDUMP to stdout cause our library to write to "stdout" file instead of
standard output. This is why I suggested to check for a "stdout" file. You
can also use a command like

TDSDUMP=log.txt php script.php

and check for "log.txt" file. If there is no log try to see if debug flags is
set correctly in freetds.conf (well, freetds_mssql.conf for you).

$ cat ~/.freetds.conf | grep flag
debug flags = 0x6fff

(this should be in global section)