freetds - Re: [freetds] Issue creating SQL Server table via tsql.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Issue creating SQL Server table via tsql.
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 19:05:14 -0500

Glenn, Chris wrote:
> I. First attempt - error messge occurs immediately after <CR>.
>

> 1> create table ACCOUNTS
> 2> ( account_num int not null,
> 3> name varchar(40) not null,
> 4> first_name varchar(40) null,
> 5> street_number varchar(15) null,
> 6> street1 varchar(40) null,
> 7> last_hold_date smalldatetime null,
> 8> statement_message_code smallint null,
> 9> govt_compliance_charge char(1) null,
>
> Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Server CHAOS, Line 8
>
> Line 8: Incorrect syntax near ','.

Excellent bug report! Here's my version:

locale is "C"
locale charset is "646"
1> create table t (
2> govt int
Msg 170, Level 15, State 1, Server CPRO200, Line 1
Line 1: Incorrect syntax near '('.
1>

Problem is that the 'go' in 'govt' is being taken to mean 'GO'.

The rule should be that "go" must appear at the beginning of the line, and
be followed by nothing except possibly whitespace.

Thank you for finding this. The fix should be easy; I'll have a look at
it if someone else doesn't beat me to it.