freetds - Re: [freetds] SP output parameter problem on 0.63

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] SP output parameter problem on 0.63
  • Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 23:34:03 -0500

Frediano Ziglio wrote:
> From log I can say that store procedure is execute and return correct
> values.
> I think that the difference is when FreeTDS return data. Could you post
> PHP code?

I updated src/dblib/unittests/rpc.c to make it a little more rigorous and
make the output easier to read. The test uses 4 output parameters and
returns correctly. It will be interesting to see why Frank's code sees
dbnumrets() returning 0.

Frank, are you adhering to this:

"Note that a stored procedure can generate several sets of results-one
for each select it contains. Before the application can call dbnumrets or
any other routines that process return parameters, it must call dbresults
and dbnextrow as many times as necessary to process all the results."

(http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-cnarc/cng1110e/dblib/@Generi
c__BookTextView/26371;pt=39614)

Just checking. :-)

I have a generalized db-lib rpc executor somewhere. I'll try running your
proc through it.

Regards,