freetds - Re: [freetds] Query - Sum(data) by Date?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Jorge Cordero <jorge.cordero AT gmx.net>
  • To: s.craig AT andronics.com, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Query - Sum(data) by Date?
  • Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2005 11:03:26 -0500

This is not usually the topic of FreeTDS, but I'll give it a shot:

select Object,
sum (Level) TotalLevel,
convert(datetime, convert(varchar(10), MyDateTimeField,121),
121) OnlyTheDay
>from MyTable
group by
Object,
convert(datetime, convert(varchar(10), MyDateTimeField,121),
121)

Suggestion, convert this in a view, so you can deal with it as usual,
with our loved snippets of code to read data.

(11/10/2005 10:47)