freetds - Re: [freetds] Segmentation fault retrieving non-NULL datetime fields

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Robert Benjamin <freetds228 AT lewenberg.com>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Segmentation fault retrieving non-NULL datetime fields
  • Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 10:58:56 -0600

James K. Lowden wrote:
Robert Benjamin wrote:

Also, when I print out the date modified, I get a result like "Jul 19 2005 10:50:54:813AM". The locales.conf has for the date format "date format = %b %d %Y %I:%M%p" (for both default and en_US). Why are seconds

(and milliseconds) creeping in?

Could it be something trivial, as in locales.conf is not being read
because it's in the wrong directory? If you change the format string
radically, do you still get the same output?
Excellent detective work, you guys. Well done.
--jkl

It looks like it was a mis-install on our system. The problem stemmed from either one of two things: 1. About a month ago I installed version 0.63 of freetds in the wrong place and, realizing my mistake, I re-configured and re-installed in the correct place but I neglected to clean up the files and libraries in the incorrect install directories. 2. There were some old lib files in the freetds/lib directory (such as libtds.so.3.0) that were not removed on new installs.

I am not really sure why either of these would be the culprit, but I cleaned up all the files and the problem seems to have gone away.

I figured this out by noticing that changes to the locales.conf were not being reflected in the output.