freetds - [freetds] Please help me to resolve this issue.

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: V mar <vpolv AT yahoo.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Please help me to resolve this issue.
  • Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 06:32:03 -0700 (PDT)

hi

I am trying to connect MS Sql Server using Perl from
Unix server.
I am getting error as

src/tds/login.c: tds_connect: 64.207.17.126:4000:
Connection refused
DBI
connect('server=tesql.upsider.com;port=1433','teleasy',...)
failed:
OpenClient message: LAYER = (0) ORIGIN = (0) SEVERITY
= (78) NUMBER = (41)
Server tesql.upsider.com, database
Message String: Server is unavailable or does not
exist.
at perlschool.pl line 15
Couldn't connect to database: OpenClient message:
LAYER = (0) ORIGIN = (0)
SEVERITY = (78) NUMBER = (41)
Server tesql.upsider.com, database
Message String: Server is unavailable or does not
exist.

I am able to telnet to our ms sql server database from
unix server.
Also able to connect to MS Sql server using tsql
command.

Always it is forcing to connect using port 4000. But I
am trying to connect
using 1433.

====================below is my freetds.conf file...
#
#
# $Id: freetds.conf,v 1.9 2003/12/04 22:26:55
freddy77 Exp $
#
# The freetds.conf file is a replacement for the
original interfaces
# file developed by Sybase. You may use either this
or the interfaces
# file, but not both.
#
# FreeTDS will search for a conf file in the following
order:
#
# 1) check if a file was set programatically via
dbsetifile() and
# is in .conf format, if so use that,
#
# 2) otherwise, if env variable FREETDSCONF
specifies a properly
# formatted config file, use it,
#
# 3) otherwise, look in ~/.freetds.conf,
#
# 4) otherwise, look in @sysconfdir@/freetds.conf
#
# If FreeTDS has found no suitable conf file it will
then search for
# an interfaces file in the following order:
#
# 1) check if a file was set programatically via
dbsetifile() and
# is in interfaces format, if so use that,
#
# 2) look in ~/.interfaces
#
# 3) look in $SYBASE/interfaces (where $SYBASE is
an environment
# variable)
#
# Only hostname, port number, and protocol version can
be specified
# using the interfaces format.
#
# The conf file format follows a modified Samba style
layout. There
# is a [global] section which will affect all database
servers and
# basic program behaviour, and a section headed with
the database
# Note that environment variables TDSVER, TDSDUMP,
TDSPORT, TDSQUERY,
# and TDSHOST will override values set by a .conf or
.interfaces file.
#
# To review the processing of the above, set env
variable TDSDUMPCONFIG
# to a file name to log configuration processing.
#
# Global settings, any value here may be overridden by
a database
# server specific section
[global]
# TDS protocol version
tds version = 4.2

; initial block size = 512

# uses some fixes required for some bugged
MSSQL 7.0 server that
# return invalid data to big endian clients
# NOTE TDS version 7.0 or 8.0 should be used
instead
; swap broken dates = no
; swap broken money = no

# Database server login method, if both server
and domain
# logins are enabled, domain login is tried
first if a domain
# is specified, and if that fails the server
login will be used.
# OBSOLETE
; try server login = yes
; try domain login = no

# The default authentication domain, can be
overridden by
# specifying a username with a domain prefix,
e.g. DOMAIN\username
# OBSOLETE use DOMAIN\username as username
; nt domain = WORKGROUP

# If the server responds with different domain
try that one?
# OBSOLETE never been used
; cross domain login = no
# Whether to write a TDSDUMP file for
diagnostic purposes
# (setting this to /tmp is insecure on a
multi-user system)
dump file = /tmp/freetds.log
debug level = 10

# Command and connection timeouts
; timeout = 10
; connect timeout = 10

# If you get out of memory errors, it may mean
that your client
# is trying to allocate a huge buffer for a
TEXT field.
# (Microsoft servers sometimes pretend TEXT
columns are
# 4 GB wide!) If you have this problem, try
setting
# 'text size' to a more reasonable limit
text size = 64512

# This is a Sybase hosted database server, if you are
directly on the
# net you can use it to test.
;[JDBC]
; host = 192.138.151.39
; port = 4444
; tds version = 5.0

# The same server, using TDS 4.2. Used in
configuration examples for the
# pool server, since the pool server supports only TDS
4.2.
;[JDBC_42]
; host = 192.138.151.39
; port = 4444
; tds version = 4.2

# The client connecting to the pool server will use
this to find its
# listening socket. This entry assumes that the
client is on the same
# system as the pool server.
;[mypool]

;host = 127.0.0.1
; port = 5000
; tds version = 4.2

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 configuration
[MyServer70]

host = tesql.upsider.com
port = 1433
tds version = 7.0

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 6.x configuration
# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 2000 configuration
;[MyServer2k]
; host = ntmachine.domain.com
; port = 1433
; tds version = 8.0

# A typical Microsoft SQL Server 6.x configuration
;[MyServer65]
; host = ntmachine.domain.com
; port = 1433
; tds version = 4.2