freetds - Re: [freetds] Connection to SQL2000 - Unicode data in aUnicode-only collation

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: Frediano Ziglio <freddyz77 AT tin.it>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Connection to SQL2000 - Unicode data in aUnicode-only collation
  • Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 21:31:07 +0200

Il giorno mer, 21/09/2005 alle 10.38 -0400, Lowden, James K ha scritto:
> [...]

This is a longstanding issue. The problem is that mssql refuse to return
unicode to dblib and dblib have different defaults. The question is: is
there a way to connect saying "I'm odbc" and than say "I want dblib
settings"? If so we could connect trying to tell that we are odbc and
then change settings. SET ANSI_NULL does not suffice ?