freetds - [freetds] Numeric fields looks like floating point?

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Alexander A. Vlasov" <zulu AT galaradio.com>
  • To: freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [freetds] Numeric fields looks like floating point?
  • Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 15:50:24 +0300

Hello.

I noticed following strange behavior of FreeTDS: numeric columns appears
like floating point. For example, if I create a test table (id
numeric(8)), insert one value, say '1', into it and select * from this
table with sqsh built with FreeTDS, I got a '1.000000'. But with isql,
result is just '1'. Same thing with PHP built with FreeTDS.

How can I correct this behavior? Thanks in advance.

PS. Please CC me, I'm not on the list.

--
Best regards,
Alexander A. Vlasov.