freetds - Re: [freetds] Need Help

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Need Help
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 22:31:12 -0400

Gustavo A. Gonzalez wrote:
> Hi! all ....i'm programming an application that sends some data through
> freetds using dblib API for authentication and other things...well, in
> any moment i get an error like "Read from SQL server failed." and "Write
> to SQL server failed." from dberrhandle routine included in my source
> what causes my application core dump when other threads/process want to
> use a connection and gets the same error on read and write over sql
> server. On the other hand I can't trap the circunstances that causes
> this error and dont know exactly how works DBERRHANDLE(handler) to if
> I get some error play some messagge and cancel the transaction that have
> problems.....and follow with the next thread. Well...i wait for suggest
> about this topic.

What version of FreeTDS are you using? If you're not using a current
snapshot, please try upgrading. Timeout handling has been heavily
reworked.

According to the spec, your application's error handler can control
timeout handling. In fact, it can't, because the return code is not
propogated to the network read logic. I began working on that a month or
so ago, and expect "pretty soon".