freetds - [freetds] Connecting to SQL Server using PHP

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bill Sim" <BSim AT navman.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] Connecting to SQL Server using PHP
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 14:18:03 +1200

Hi,
I'm having trouble connecting to a remote MSSQL database using PHP. Here
are the symptoms:

I can connect to the database using tsql -H ... (bypassing freetds.conf)
I can also connect to the database using tsql -S .. (using freetds.conf)
I can connect using isql (and the odbc.ini entry)
I can perform sql commands in isql no problem

Using the PEAR php DB library the php script appears to connect to the
database, (no errors at that point.) Then I try to run a query but the
query fails with the message: DB Error: unknown error, which is not
particularly useful as you can imagine.

I'm running Apache 2.0 and PHP5 on a SUSE EL9 linux box.

Any ideas?

Bill