freetds - [freetds] new patches for 0.64

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] new patches for 0.64
  • Date: Fri, 15 Jul 2005 14:08:28 +0100

Hi,

I've got some patches pretty well ready for 0.64. These are both for
ct-library.

1. implement ct_options()
------------------------------------

I've put the code in place to allow a subset of the ct_options()
functionality to work.

This function call is intended to be used to alter or retrieve various
database run-time settings.
Many of these settings can be altered by submitting "SET <option>
<argument>" commands,
e.g "SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON" or "SET DATEFIRST 1", but the function
also allows you
to retrieve and examine the current database settings.
I've coded this because we have had a few problems reported with recent
versions of
DBD::Sybase, which calls this function to alter the setting for
CHAINXACTS.

I've restricted the options allowed to the subset which I can set and
retrieve with both Sybase
and SQL Server. in Sybase TDS 5.0 there is an underlying TDS message
which implements
(rather badly and obscurely) this functionality. In SQL Server, I have
used "SET.." commands,
to set the options, and various SQL queries to retrieve the database
settings where possible.

2. fix the "parameterized statement" functionality

The ct-library unit test program "ct_lang_param" has long been broken,
although it still succeeds.

In ct-library, it should be possible to submit a language statement,
such as:

"select * from table where column = @column" ,

call functions to instantiate the parameters for the query, and then
execute the statement.

The code we had for this was broken some time ago, and now only supports
the odbc method for
parameterized language statements, where the equivalent statement would
be:

"select * from table where column = ?"

I'll get round to submitting these in a week or so. Please bear them in
mind before we go for 0.64.

Bill

If you are not an intended recipient of this e-mail, please notify the
sender, delete it and do not read, act upon, print, disclose, copy, retain or
redistribute it. Click here for important additional terms relating to this
e-mail. http://www.ml.com/email_terms/

  • [freetds] new patches for 0.64, Thompson, Bill D (London), 07/15/2005