freetds - Re: [freetds] bypass freetds.conf, tsql works, freetds.conf and php doesn't work

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] bypass freetds.conf, tsql works, freetds.conf and php doesn't work
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 23:17:36 -0400

lisa yang wrote:
> I am new to freeTDS.
> Apache - httpd-2.0.50:
> > > PHP-4.3.7:
> > > The MsSQL server uses port 1433
>

> if bypass freetds.conf, tds works,
> but tsql -S mydomain -U MyAccount doesn't work, php code doesn't work.
>
> if I type: export TDSVER=8.0 and export TDSPORT=1533.
> then tsql -S mydomain -U MyAccount ---works.

I would like to help you, but you've made it very hard. How am I supposed
to know what "works" and "doesn't work" mean? And which should I believe,
that the server is listening on 1433, or that "export TDSPORT=1533" allows
a connection?

(It's much better to post a cut-and-paste verbatim transcript of your
tests. That way there are no typos in what you post, and something you
might not have thought was important could be the clue someone else
needs.)

If you post a TDSDUMP log of a session that connects and a session that
doesn't, I'll tell you what your freetds.conf should look like.

Also, you might want to use TDSDUMPCONFIG to make sure FreeTDS is looking
for your freetds.conf where you think it is.

HTH.