freetds - [freetds] DBlib dbsqlexec question (chaining sql statements)

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Patrick Dunnigan" <patrick.dunnigan AT centivia.com>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] DBlib dbsqlexec question (chaining sql statements)
  • Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2005 17:11:28 -0400

Hi,

Have two (maybe more) sql statements that I'd like to run. I am wondering if
I can execute them at the same time. Example:

Now:
int i = 1;
int j = 3;
dbfcmd(dbproc,"delete from sss where col1 = %d",i);
dbsqlexec(dbproc);
dbresults(dbproc);
dbfcmd(dbproc,"delete from zzz where col1 = %d",j);
dbsqlexec(dbproc);
dbresults(dbproc);

I'd like to do:

dbfcmd(dbproc,"delete from sss where col1 = %d\n",i);
dbfcmd(dbproc,"delete from zzz where col1 = %d",j);
dbsqlexec(dbproc);
dbresults(dbproc);

Is there a command seperator that I put after the newline and / or how many
times to I have to call dbsqlexec or dbresults? Would this save roundtrips to
the database or is the method the way to go?
Thanks