freetds - RE: ??: RE: [freetds] I can not use freeTDS for Oracle HS

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: ??: RE: [freetds] I can not use freeTDS for Oracle HS
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jun 2005 08:47:15 +0200

> > You must use a DM to make HS happy.
> >
> Sorry, I don't know what's the ODBC Driver Manager,
> could you tell me what's it, how to configure it if I
> use unixODBC.

unixODBC is, in this case, the DM. Simply instead of loading
libtdsodbc.so (that is the ODBC driver) driver configure unixODBC to use
FreeTDS driver and use DM library (usually /usr/lib/libodbc.so).

To configure unixODBC you have to chanve your odbc.ini. For instance put
in ~/.odbc.ini

[dsnname]
Driver = /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so
Server = servername
DataBase = dbname
Port = 1433
TDS_Version = 8.0

(replacing dsnname, dbname and servername with server name to use in
Oracle HS, sql database name and real server name and changing
port/tds_version if required)