freetds - Re: [freetds] Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James K. Lowden" <jklowden AT freetds.org>
  • To: Igor Korot <ikorot AT earthlink.net>, FreeTDS Development Group <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [freetds] Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.5
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 20:52:54 -0400

Igor Korot wrote:

> What would be the default port to connect to Sybase SQL Anywhere engine
> version 5.5.01 that is located on the XP machine from the LINUX box with
> FreeTDS? From Linux I could see the XP share.

http://www.freetds.org/userguide/freetdsconf.htm#TAB.FREETDS.CONF

Port 2638, according to the best information we have. But, per the link
you cited, you need OpenServer Gateway (OSG) with at least 5.5.03. Or so
I'm told. If you get it working with something less than that, tell us
and I'll update the UG.

> As I read on the documentation:
> http://www.freetds.org/userguide/choosingtdsprotocol.htm, the correct
> protocol version for that would be 5.0. Is it correct?

Yes, 5.0 is what you'd want.