freetds - RE: [freetds] sqsh won't run

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "James McGowan" <jmcgowan AT luxurylink.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] sqsh won't run
  • Date: Mon, 9 May 2005 11:07:32 -0700

After installing the new Sybase ASE free version, sqsh compiles but when
I attempt to execute it with server and user and password options, I
get:

Open Client Message
Layer 6, Origin 8, Severity 5, Number 3
ct_connect(): directory service layer: internal directory control layer
error: Requested server
name not found.

I've checked the server setup in freetds.conf and it's correct. Now
what? (All I want is to get a TDSDUMP so I can provide an example of the
currency formatting error I've been nagging about. For the want of a
nail...)