freetds - RE: [freetds] sybase stored procedure error

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Thompson, Bill D (London)" <bill_d_thompson AT ml.com>
  • To: "Kall, Bruce A." <kall AT mayo.edu>, "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] sybase stored procedure error
  • Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 15:34:20 +0100

Bruce,

> Is this true?

No. Not as far as I know.

A stored procedure that returns more than one result set is no different
from a language command that does the same, e.g.

"select * from publishers select * from authors"

However, one has to code the dblib API calls properly so that you detect
the end of one result set, capture the details of the new result set,
and act accordingly in terms of binding/fetching etc.

maybe PHP isn't doing that for stored procedures...

Bill