freetds - [freetds] freeTDS on Solaris 7

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "Bouk, Janice" <JBouk AT PLANSYS.COM>
  • To: <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [freetds] freeTDS on Solaris 7
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 13:26:24 -0400

I am new to freeTDS. I am trying to connect to MS SQL Server on a Windows
2000 machine.

I have installed freeTDS on a Solaris 7 machine. I used the latest stable
version 0.63.
I am not using a ODBC driver manager. I copied the required files out of a
unixODBC download.

I set the following flags during configure
--with-tdsver=8.0
--prefix=...
--sysconfdir=...
--with-odbc-nodm=...
--enable-msdblib

I can run make and make install without errors.

When I try to confirm the installation using tsql this is what I get
>: tsql -H mars -p 1433 -U RNDB
locale is "C"
locale charset is "646"
Password:
Assertion failed: ret == 0, file iconv.c, line 357
Abort (core dumped)
>:

What did I do wrong?

Thanks.