freetds - RE: [freetds] FreeTDS w/UnixODBC

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] FreeTDS w/UnixODBC
  • Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 09:56:42 +0200

> I installed freetds-0.62-4-1.i386.rpm. I noticed the libtdsodbc is not
> installed as part of the rpm and I need it for MSSQL. I tried
> installing the
> 'unixodbc support' package from FreeTDS.org but the
> dependancy failed b/c of
> my FreeTDS version. What do I do? Is there anyway to get
> UnixODBC support
> with the version of FreeTDS I've already installed? I've been
> working on
> this for a couple days now and figured it was time to talk to
> the pros.
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated...thanks in advance.

I think it's freetds-0.62.4-1.i386.rpm... I don't know who packaged your
rpm so I don't have the right answer. Try to see where you downloaded
the package (we never directly provided 0.62.4 as rpm). If package
contains libtdsodbc.so.* files you don't need other rpms but just some
configuration. Usually you can get packagers information using "rpm -qi
<package>"

freddy77

  • RE: [freetds] FreeTDS w/UnixODBC, ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT, 04/01/2005