freetds - RE: [freetds] TODO list reviewed

freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: FreeTDS Development Group

  • From: "ZIGLIO, Frediano, VF-IT" <Frediano.Ziglio AT vodafone.com>
  • To: "FreeTDS Development Group" <freetds AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [freetds] TODO list reviewed
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2005 16:25:11 +0100

> > . Passing invalid character set names to server with tsql?
> > ** Fixed ?? What does it means ??
>
> I don't know what it means.

Ok, now I remember, I updated TODO with better explanation

> > . UTF-8 unit tests (libTDS)
> > - very large column name (128 on mssql), no-english to
> UTF-8 client
> > ** should work. TDS_SYSNAME_SIZE is 512 so it should handle any
> > charset.
>
> OK, let's call it done if you say so.

Well.. I added a test. column_name can handle very long column names
however column_namelen cannot :(. In 0.64 I changed type from
TDS_TINYINT to TDS_SMALLINT. Do you think we should change type in 0.63
too... I think so, it's RC but no final release.
I note a similar problem handling compute. In dblib "bycolumns" are
returned from libTDS structure using TDS_TINYINT however in token.c you
can see that ms return a smallint for this value causing a possible
integer overflow. In ctlib Sybase use CS_SMALLINT.

> > Started in 0.63
> > - rationalize libtds structure and *_alloc functions
> > (ML 5 December 2002, sb:"names")
> > (remove INFO and others)
> >
> > ** left TDSRESULTINFO, TDSCOMPUTEINFO, TDSPARAMINFO,
> perhaps it's better
> > to use TDSRESULTS and similar ??
>
> Done enough, I'd say. Thanks!

> > . Remove old char(30) limitations to various sysnames e.g., tables,
> > columns,
> > passwords (checks). Is this done?
> > ** I think this works since 0.61...
>
> Let's call it done, then.

Removed

> > Done
> >
> > ** TODO and done ?? Not that fine
>
> My practice has been to move TODO items to "done" when I'm satisfied
> they're done. Experience may prove contrary, in which case it can be
> restored, else it becomes a bragging point for the release.
>
> After a release, I suppose we should clear out "done".

Oh... ok, it's fine.